- Install Firewalls "Firewall" is an isolation technology to separate the internal network and the Internet. The firewall carries out some filtering when two networks communicate. It lets the data/person that you "agree" to enter your network, and also block the data/person you "do not agree" from your network. It can prevent they changes, copy, or destroys your material. To ensure the firewall get into work, you must keep it update.
- Install Anti-virus software The key on computer virus is not "Kill" is "Prevent". You should install the Anti-virus software and start the real-time monitoring process and keep the software and the virus definition file updated. To guard against the newest virus, you should set the update process in a daily mode. Also, in every week, you should scan the computer completely for the virus.
- Guard against Spyware Spyware is a program that is installed without the user authorization. It can get the information and send to a third party. Spyware can attached in software, executable image and break into the user computer. They are used to track the computer usage information, record the keyboard hits, or take a screen capture. To get rid from spyware, you can - raise the security level of your browser - install software to guard against from spyware - verify with the official website about the software plan to install
Second - Against from attacks
- Refuse unknown software, emails and attachments Don't download unknown software. Save all downloaded softwares into one single directory and scan it before install. Don't open any unknown email and its attachments. Many viruses are spread through by using email. Don't open unknown emails, especially those with interesting headline.
- Don't go to hacker and pornographic website Many virus and spyware are come from these websites. If you browse this website and your computer is not secure enough, you can imagine what will happen next.
- Avoid share folders Share folder is risky and outsider can surf around your folder freely. When you want to share folder, remember to set a password. If you are no need to share the folder any more, remove the sharing immediately. It is extremely danger to share the whole drive. If someone removes the system file, your machine may be down and cannot start up again.
Last - Keep Checking/Update
- Set different and complicate password In Internet, there are thousand needs to use password, like e-banking, login account, email. Try to use different password for different operation, this can limit the loss if one of the passwords is broken into by someone. Avoid using meaningful password, like birthday, telephone number. You should use password with letter and number. One more thing is do not choose "Save Password" option.
- Beware of defraud The number of defraud case in Internet is keep increasing. Build up a fake bank website, send out an email to ask for password. Before take any action, try to verify it is real or not. You can phone to bank hotline to ask, go to the bank to contact directly.
- Backup Backup is the last step to guard against the attacks. If your computer is hacked, the operating system and softwares can be reinstalled. But the data can only be restored if you frequently make a backup.