Using View State in Server controls
View State is serialized and deserialized on the server. To reduce CPU cycles, reduce the amount of view state your application uses. Disable view state if you don’t need it. Disable view state if you are doing at least one of the following:
· Displaying a read-only page where there is no user input.
· Displaying a page that does not post back to the server.
· Rebuilding server controls on each post back without checking the postback data.
As As the view state grows larger, it affects performance in the following ways.
· Increased CPU cycles are needed to serialize and deserialize the view state content.
· Pages take longer to download because they are larger.
· Very large view state can impact the efficiency of garbage collection.