How m any times it has happened to you that you have deleted a file or a folder and then realised later that you really need it. That's the time when you feel really helpless and scold yourself of deleting it. Only thing that you want that time is to recover it by any means possible.
There are good news for you if you are using Windows Vista. It is very easy to recover if you accidentally delete or rename a file or folder. You can restore a shadow copy of that file or folder, and all you need to know is the location of the file or folder was saved to.
Follow these steps to restore a file or folder that was deleted or renamed:
1. Go To Start and Open Documents.
2. Click the arrow next to Folders at the bottom of the left pane.
3. Open the folder that contained the file or folder that was deleted or renamed.
4. Right-click somewhere in the folder (without selecting a file or folder), and then click Restore previous versions.
5. Double-click a previous version of the folder that contains the file or folder you want to restore.
6. In the folder, drag the file or folder that you want to restore to another location, such as your desktop or another folder.
The version of the file or folder is saved to the location that you selected.